Saturday, January 12, 2013

Business Letter Block Format

Rt. 3, Box 33
Trestleburgh, Texas 77777
Clearaddress33@aol.com
33 Octember 2013

Mack Hall
English Department
The Jasper Teaching Center
Angelina College
450 Bulldog Avenue
P.O. Box 278
Jasper, Texas 75951
Mhall46184@aol.com

Dear Mr. Hall:

I apologize for missing class tonight; my child is ill and I am with her in the waiting room at Jasper Memorial.  I will contact my study group tomorrow, but will you remind them this evening to take notes for me?

Thank my study group for me, and thank you for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

 
 
Elizabeth Murphy-O’Chang

 


This is an example of a standard, professional, block-form business letter in six parts: heading (the sender’s complete address and the date), inside address (the recipient’s complete address), salutation, body, close or complimentary close, and signature (which, in an email, will be the sender’s complete name).  Learn this and use it – you are now a young professional, not a child in grade school.

No comments:

Post a Comment